Get Involved! Become a CAA Board Member!
Our Mission: The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) is dedicated to enhancing the role of audiologists as primary hearing health care providers through advocacy, education and research.
- To build a network and a community of audiologists across Canada
- To be the public and professional voice of the profession and practice of audiology in Canada
- To advance audiologists as primary hearing health care providers
CAA is an active and progressive association. We encourage you to be more involved in providing strategic direction and results for your profession by becoming a Board Member.
CAA is looking for a strong advocate like you to become involved in providing leadership to our profession. We are looking for individuals with a sense of determination, energy and enthusiasm to become active in the continued success of our organization. The Board of Directors is comprised of audiologists with a broad range of skills, specialities and professional experience from across Canada.
What are we looking for in a Board Member?
- Membership in good standing with CAA
- Three or more years’ post-graduation professional experience is preferred
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Leadership skills and experience are an asset, but not required
- Passion and commitment
- A desire to make things happen!
What does CAA need from Board Members?
Positions are for a three-year term starting October 2021. A second 3-year term is usually taken by all Directors. There is an in-person meeting once per year at the CAA Conference and Exhibition and teleconference meetings throughout the year. All Board Members are unpaid volunteers and are expected to participate in Board meetings and project activities of the Board and its committees.
How can you become involved?
Download the CAA Board Nomination Form 2021 and return it to email@example.com by the deadline below. Please attach the candidate’s resume and be sure they tell us why they want to become a Board Member. CAA will also accept self-nominations for Board positions.
Recommended due date for nominations is: April 9, 2021
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“I asked myself why somebody doesn’t do something; then I remembered, I am somebody”. ~ Anonymous