What can I do about hearing loss?

If you suspect  you have a hearing loss see a qualified audiologist to have your hearing evaluated.  An audiologist is a health care professional trained to evaluate, diagnose, and provide rehabilitation for individuals with hearing loss. They have an advanced university education (Master’s or Doctorate) in Audiology.

Audiologists will provide the full range of tests necessary to determine the exact nature of your hearing loss and whether your condition warrants medical attention. No one is too young to have a hearing test, even a newborn. Audiologists are qualified to inform you about hearing aids . They can select, fit and even dispense hearing aids and other assistive listening devices such as FM systems and infrared systems. As well they provide patient and family counseling about living with a hearing loss and hearing conservation programs to prevent hearing loss.