Outline of topics to be covered:
- Factors affecting cochlear implant patient outcomes: adult and pediatric recipients (~ 2 hours)
- Determining cochlear implant candidacy including bimodal hearing versus bilateral cochlear implantation: data-driven guidance for clinical audiologists (1 hour)
- Clinical tips and tricks for improving cochlear implant patient outcomes: patient, audiologic, and technological factors (1.5 hours)
- Interactive Q&A including case study questions (attendees could describe cases and/or submit complex cases ahead of time for group discussion) (30 to 45 min)
- After attending this pre-conference symposium, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the current cochlear implant indications for adults and children and current auditory profile of patients who could derive benefit from cochlear implantation.
- State the clinical factors impacting patient outcomes
- Describe the technological factors significantly impacting patient outcomes
- List clinical tips one could integrate into their clinical practice to maximize patient outcomes and address patient complaints.