Benefits of Membership
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) is the only national association devoted exclusively to the profession of audiology. CAA membership includes and supports:
The CAA Board of Directors and committees strive to advocate for audiologists all over Canada by providing a unified perspective on issues related to the professional of Audiology. For example, CAA:
- Contributes significantly to the advocacy work of the Canadian Infant Hearing Task Force (CIHTF). CIHTF has a multidisciplinary research and advocacy program aimed at making early hearing detection and intervention programs available across Canada.
- Participates in joint initiatives with federal health funding agencies to optimize funding of hearing health services and efficient processing of claims for consumers.
- Meets with Senators and both Federal and Provincial Members of Parliament to increase awareness of the impact of hearing loss.
- Supports regional projects to lobby for improvements in hearing health delivery.
- Participated in activities leading to Bill C-81, the Federal Accessibility Act.
- Works with the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association to connect with consumers.
- Participated in the work to build national standards leading towards entry to practise exams for Canadian and International Audiologists to practise across Canada.
More Awareness Building Activities
- Places articles and advertising about Audiology and hearing health in national publications distributed to millions of Canadians through digital and print media.
- Interviews on national and local TV plus daily social media posts. We field many queries through our Website and Journal and connect people to service providers.
- The FindAnAudiolgist.ca is a member-only benefit to connect the public with Audiologists.
- Audiology 101 is a member-only PPT presentation for Audiologists in teach Family Practitioners and others about Hearing Health and Audiology services.
Education, Communication and Research
- CAA members receive significant discounts on registration for our internationally acclaimed CAA Conference and Exhibition.
- CAA members have free access to webinars with international & Canadian speakers.
- Members have free access to a blog and special articles of interest to Audiologists.
- Guidelines, Scoping articles and position papers are available on our website.
- CAA membership supports the Canadian Audiologist journal, the most read online audiology journal in Canada.
- Posts to our newsletter, website and social media keep our community up to date.
- CAA provides an annual grant of $5,000 or 2 X $2,500 for clinical research
Supporting Future Audiologists
- CAA encourages the growth of our profession by supporting audiology students and early career practitioners.
- 5 student academic award winners receive a free conference registration
- 25 student volunteers receive free conference registration
- Popular face to face annual networking/mentorship activity
- Opportunities to submit posters and contributed conference talks
- Students save on membership and conference registration
- Students gain valuable experience as members of Board committees
- Students have published in the Canadian Audiologist online journal
- A bursary assists with conference travel expenses for one student
- Early career graduates have lower conference registration and membership fees
- CAA facilitates career mobility by providing an active career board and introducing members to leaders in the profession.
SAVE! Professional Liability Rates and Membership
- Exclusive to CAA members, the liability insurance plans have no administration fees, and include greater limits of liability and enhanced products. Liability insurance details here.
- MEMBERSHIP FEES are less than other national associations.
Audiologist’s Marketing and Engagement Resources
- The Audiologist’s Marketing Toolkit provides an overview of basic marketing principles and ideas relevant to clinical audiologists.
- Videos, slide shows and posters are available for Audiologists to promote hearing health in their community activities.
- Audiology fact sheets are available to educate your patients/clients
Join Or Renew Your Membership Today!
If you join CAA in the month of February, it will be valid for March 1, 2019 – Feb 28, 2020 year.