The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held virtually by webinar on Tuesday, October 6th at 9 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
(CAA Members log into the CAA website first)
Members we will post the Annual Report and Audited Financial Report for consideration soon.
The goals of the AGM are to:
- Receive the annual report, including financial statements for fiscal year ending May 31, 2020,
- Elect President-Elect for 2020-2021,
- Elect Board Directors
- Appoint auditors and authorize the Board of Directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration,
- Hear a brief summary and receive the written annual report of the activities of CAA during the previous fiscal year, and
- Transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The AGM, including having quorum are legal requirements for CAA and we ask that you attend to support the CAA. If you are unable to attend the virtual webinar at that time, please fill out the Instrument of Proxy and return to Neil Hardie, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28th, 2020.
Why Should You Attend the AGM, or vote by Proxy?
To Hold the Board Accountable
- The Board of Directors create policy and make decisions that have a direct impact on membership. Your presence at the AGM allows you to hold the board of directors accountable and/or show your support.
To Stay Up-to-Date
- Attending the AGM will provide you with insight into the performance and direction of CAA.
To Support the CAA
- Holding an AGM and reaching quorum is a legal requirement. If enough members do not attend, the AGM will have to be rescheduled and held October 20th, 2020. We need your support!