The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held virtually by webinar on Tuesday, October 1st at 9 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
(CAA Members log into the CAA website first and then select the link to register)
CAA is legally required to hold an AGM. This meeting is brief and will help you to understand how the organization has delivered benefits to you as a full Audiologist member. At this meeting we will ask members to vote on the motions including the role of President Elect. We encourage you to attend this brief meeting as we must have a quorum of members. If you are unable to attend the virtual webinar at that time, you will have the opportunity to fill out an Instrument of Proxy to give your proxy vote to the President of CAA via email.
Members please review the Annual Report and Audited Financial Report for consideration.
The goals of the AGM are to:
- Receive the annual report, including financial statements for fiscal year ending May 31, 2019,
- Elect President-Elect for 2019-2020,
- Appoint auditors and authorize the Board of Directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration,
- Hear a brief summary and receive the written annual report of the activities of CAA during the previous fiscal year, and
- Transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Why Should You Attend the AGM, or vote by Proxy?
To Hold the Board Accountable
- The Board of Directors provides stewardship for the activities of CAA and confirms the operating budget for each fiscal year. Your presence at the AGM provides you with the opportunity to hear how the Board of Directors has been responsible in providing benefits and representation on your behalf.
To Stay Up-to-Date
- Attending the AGM will provide you with insight into the performance and direction of CAA.
To Support the Canadian Academy of Audiology
- Attending the AGM shows your support of CAA to continue their work and to contribute to the organization’s legal requirement to hold an AGM.
According to the CAA bylaws students, international members, associate members and retired members do not have a vote at the AGM.
To renew your membership, please visit the CAA Website.