The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) Annual General Meeting (AGM)will be held virtually by webinar on Thursday, September 30th at 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time.
The goals of the AGM are to:
- Receive the annual report, including financial statements for fiscal year ending May 31, 2021,
- Elect President-Elect for 2021-2022,
- Elect Board of Directors
- Appoint auditors and authorize the Board of Directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration,
- Hear a brief summary and receive the written annual report of the activities of CAA during the previous fiscal year, and
- Transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
To Hold the Board Accountable
- The Board of Directors create policy and make decisions that have a direct impact on membership. Your presence at the AGM allows you to hold the board of directors accountable and/or show your support.
To Stay Up-to-Date
- Attending the AGM will provide you with insight into the performance and direction of CAA.
To Support the CAA
- Holding an AGM and reaching quorum is a legal requirement. If enough members do not attend, the AGM will have to be rescheduled.