Call for Contributed Poster and Podium Abstracts
SUBMISSION INFORMATION FOR POSTER AND PODIUM PRESENTATIONS:
The Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) invites all clinicians, students, researchers, educators, policy makers and other professional or health care providers working with hearing or balance to submit original research for presentation (by poster and/or at the podium) at the annual CAA conference. Submissions will be reviewed for acceptance by the CAA Science and Education Committee (SaEC). Posters may be eligible for entry into the Outstanding Student Research Awards held during the conference. Please read the following guidelines carefully.
2. General Requirements
- Abstract and presentation content must be original scientific research, evidence-based practice, or applications of theory to clinical practice.
- Abstracts may be submitted in either English or in French, but the podium presentations and posters must be presented in English.
- Applicants must submit an abstract and application online to the CAA by the deadline date (Monday July 17th, 2023).
- Applicants and presenters must disclose all funding sources and possible real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Poster presenters must be in attendance during the two scheduled 1.0-hour poster presentation sessions for questions. (4:15-5:30 pm Thursday October 12; 10-11 am Friday October 13, 2023. Check the final program released on the website in case of any changes). Onsite changes will be announced at the conference and updates included in the conference program APP.
- Posters must be displayed by the morning of Thursday October 12 to late afternoon of Friday October 13.
Please note, you must confirm your participation by registering for the conference AND paying registration fees in FULL. In order to be included in the online conference program, formal acceptance and conference registration must be received by August 30th, 2023. If formal acceptance and conference registration are not received by August 30th, presenters will still be permitted to present their work, but may not be included in the online program.
3. Outstanding Student Research Award
- Presenter must have completed the presented work while enrolled as a student (undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral)
- Work must be presented in a poster format (podiums presentations are not eligible)
- Presenter must be listed as the first author.
- Presenter must disclose all funding sources and potential real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Presenter must be in attendance during the scheduled poster sessions for judging and questions.
- Presenter does not need to be in attendance for the award announcement during the conference.
- First Prize will receive a certificate and a free registration to a CAA Conference within the next 2 years.
- Second Prize will receive a certificate and 1 free Full CAA Membership after graduation.
- Third Prize will receive a certificate and 50% off on a 1 Full CAA Membership after graduation.
- The Outstanding Student Research Award recipients will be announced at the annual CAA conference.
- Certificates will be presented during the conference (time to be determined when official conference schedule is published).
- If the award recipients are not in attendance during the official announcement at the conference, they will be notified by e-mail approximately one month following the CAA conference by a member of the CAA SaEC.
- The award recipients will be announced on the CAA newsletter, website, blog, and in the Canadian Audiologist online journal.
- Format: Verbal
- Presenter(s) will have access to PowerPoint program and projector.
- More than one author can present at the podium.
- The podium session will be followed by a presenter panel session for questions by attendees.
- Presenters must disclose all possible, real, or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Podium presentations will be held on 2:00 pm – 2:55 pm Friday, Oct 13. Check the final schedule that will be posted online in case of any changes.
- Single piece of paper. Poster boards are 4 feet x 8 feet. The abstract acceptance email will specify whether your poster dimensions will be 4 x 4 feet (two posters per board) or 4 x 8 feet (one poster per board).
- Include the title, author(s), and institution affiliations.
- Include sub-headings where appropriate (e.g., Objective, Background/Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, References, etc.)
- Include all possible real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- The presentation must be simple and clear using adequately sized font and good quality images – the poster should be self-explanatory. Presenters will be able to provide additional information and answer questions during the scheduled session.
- Presenters must be in attendance during the two scheduled poster sessions (4:15-5:30 pm Thursday, Oct. 12 and 10-11 am Friday, Oct 13, 2023). Check the final program released on the website in case of any changes).
- Posters should be hung by the 9 am on Thursday and kept available until 5 pm on Friday.
- Supplies (tape, tacks, poster boards, etc.) will be provided.
- Posters should be removed at 5pm on Friday, Oct. 13.
- Posters not removed will be discarded. CAA and the hotel are not responsible for any poster removed by cleaning staff.
- Please note, we cannot guarantee the safety of your poster at any time during the conference.
Abstracts will be submitted using an online application.